Senior C++ Developer
From the Oscars to the Olympics, over here the show always goes on. Never expect a boring workday. Always expect it to be showtime. Our clients never expect anything less than perfect. They count on us to produce the largest events and shows for a worldwide audience. Together with over 4,500 people, we create shows in over 65 countries and on all 7 continents. So never expect to stay in the same spot very long.
What you’ll do :
- Developing software solutions for new technical innovations in broadcasting and cinema production environments. End users will directly use your software to control render engines, lighting systems and other peripheral equipment for color grading, recording, motion capture and camera tracking.
- High focus on real-time solutions and API development (C++ to LUA interfaces for example).
- Port existing logic implemented in LUA to C++.
- Work together with a Technical Artist to overhaul the current API to a more high-level API.
- Collaboration with a QA, UX engineer and a Product Owner.
- Design-first approach (Architecture, Functional Descriptions, Stories, Tasks).
- Code according to the style guide.
- Make healthy judgment calls and estimates on feature requests, user stories and bug reports.
- Determine milestones and planning together with the product owner for larger features.
- Guide junior and intermediate developers.
What you’ll need :
- min. 5 years of experience in agile development with C++ or C++ in Unreal.
- Knowledge of Computer Graphics.
- Able to choose and adopt technologies based on requirements.
- Not afraid to ballpark estimates while committing to deadlines and identifying risks.
- Composed and resourceful when faced with production level challenges.
- Pro-active attitude & being able to create your own position in the team.
Nice to have:
- Guiding others
- Speaking up
- Adopting ideas from others
- Boost, Libuv, Imgui libraries
- LUA Scripting Language
- Computer Graphics
- Unreal Engine (4.26+)
- Windows OS
- Microsoft Development tools
- Git, Bash
- Automated build processes
- Hybrid working model
- Pension plan
- 25 vacation days
- Full reimbursement of travel expenses
- SIM card + voucher
- Sports expenses
About NEP The Netherlands:
Our team transforms the way video is created, managed and distributed – worldwide. We have experience with registration, play-out, post production, remote and cloud production, studio production, host broadcasting, media asset management, multi-screen delivery, end-to-end OTT solutions and video display installations. From the camera in the field to the SmartTV or tablet at home, we have the knowledge and experience to make the smallest local events into the biggest international events visible and cost effective for the viewer at home.