Graphics Designer/ 3D Artist
Are you looking for a uniquely challenging and exciting workplace? As a Graphics Designer at NEP The Netherlands you’ll join a highly skilled and motivated team of 3D designers and technical artists to work on top-of-the-line Augmented Reality broadcasting productions. You’ll enrich international entertainment with virtual replacement and enhancement of studio sets and live events in the Unreal Engine for millions of viewers. Ranging from unique events such as the EuroVision Song Contest to returning productions such as the Extreme E racing competition we want you to elevate our team and projects with your talent, style and touch.
Creative Animal, the creative department of NEP The Netherlands – located at the Hilversum Mediapark, is looking for a skilled 3D artist to strengthen our team of graphics designers. You’ll raise the bar of broadcasting graphics in the Unreal Engine and spark ideas for upcoming projects. In our projects we strive for photo-realism or a strong graphical expression depending on the story and needs of our clients. Within the project you’ll be working closely with our art-directors, production managers, 3D and Technical artists, graphics operators and camera crew to guide the project from scratch to studio-production.
You strive for excellence within the boundaries of a set deadline and enjoy working on a variety of areas within the art production. As a true team player, you call the job done when the project is handed over to the crew in the studio and the “live” light switches on. Through our projects you get the opportunity to visit and work in unique locations and studios both in the Netherlands as well as internationally.
In your work we look for passion, creativity and an eye for detail. We embrace ambition and love it if you share ideas and express your thoughts.
Skills & Requirements
We’d love to talk if you have:
- relevant experience in the game/entertainment industry (or similar)
- practical skills in an industry standard 3D package such as Maya, 3DS Max, Blender
- a solid understanding of PBR, game-art pipelines and workflows
- excellent understanding of form, proportion, scale
- proven ability to bring designs to life
- strong communication skills in either Dutch or English
It’s bonus if you:
- know all the ins- & outs of the Unreal Engine
- know your way around Substance Designer and/or Painter
- show interest and experience in areas such as concepting or lighting
- have experience in level optimization
What we offer
A full-time position in a dynamic and challenging work environment, with excellent primary and secondary benefits. We’ve got the basics covered with experience-based salary, pension scheme, travel allowance, 25 holidays and access to NEP University with a wide variety of in-house and external training. Besides this you also get:
- freedom with responsibilities;
- highly skilled international colleagues;
- to work with cutting edge technologies;
- excellent career opportunities;
- informal atmosphere;
- global ambition;
- various team building events throughout the year (when possible due to COVID-19 regulations);
- friday drinks & parties (when possible due to COVID-19 regulations);
About NEP The Netherlands:
Our team transforms the way video is created, managed and distributed – worldwide. At Creative Animal you will be working on projects like Extreme E, EuroVision Song Contest and the Olympics with clients like Red Bull and Ziggo Sports. We have experience with registration, play-out, post production, remote and cloud production, studio production, host broadcasting, media asset management, multi-screen delivery, end-to-end OTT solutions and video display installations. From the camera in the field to the SmartTV or tablet at home, we have the knowledge and experience to make the smallest local events into the biggest international events visible and cost effective for the viewer at home.
If you are up for the challenge, hit the “apply now” button to submit your application to us. Be sure to submit your CV and a portfolio/show reel that shows your best and most recent work. We also welcome a motivation letter expressing your interest in the role and NEP.