Vacancy: Broadcast IT-Engineer Playout
Are you familiar with the maintenance of complex digital video and / or audio systems? Do you know all about video routing, switching and do you see it as a challenge to solve IT technical and application content issues? Do you get excited about working in an environment that may be hectic, fun to work? Sign up with our team as a Broadcast IT Engineer Playout.
As a Broadcast IT Engineer Playout, you maintain and engineer our complex playout system. You work with the directors and support the operators so that they can start the right programs at all times on all broadcast channels. You have a broad responsibility. You engineer the systems and help our support organization, you are the connecting element between R&D and the solutions.
For the function of a playout automation engineer we are looking for someone with:
- Thorough knowledge of broadcasting technology (including new industry standards like AES-67 and SMPTE 2022);
- At least 3 years work experience with playout automation systems (for example Morpheus or Pebble Beach);
- Experience with video servers (for example EVS or Harmonic Spectrum X);
- Excellent IT skills (including knowledge of routing, switching and TCP/IP);
- A creative approach to problem solving;
- To be calm under pressure;
- Good teamworking skills;
- Flexibility, as our services needs to be available 24/7;
- To be able to explain technical subjects in a non-technical way.
Responsibilities for a playout automation engineer, which is part of our Service Delivery Team:
- Configure, implement, manage and monitor playout automation systems;
- Integrate playout automation systems with other products (for example MAM or scheduling systems);
- Supervise the delivery of 3rd party suppliers and contractors to ensure that delivery specifications and standards are met;
- Create and maintain documentation for the supported systems and environment, including hand-over to our Service Assurance organization;
- Support and works on projects as required.
What can you expect?
We offer an alternate job in an open and collegial work environment. You work in an enthusiastic and passionate team of about 130 (Broadcast) IT professionals and get well-trained and supervised during your work-in. Humor and fun are central to the work. You work at NEP The Netherlands headquarters and you get all the opportunities to further develop, specialize or grow. In fact, we even stimulate this! Of course, we offer a competitive salary and working conditions.
Do you recognize yourself in the profile and are you excited? Come and strengthen our team and get into the world you’re participating in the latest broadcast solutions! Send your resume with motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org.