Vacancy: Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
We are looking for fresh and ambitious Software Engineer at NEP to enable the development team to design and implement tests efficiently by providing them with the right tools, frameworks, and infrastructure. Our development teams shall be empowered to iterate rapidly, deploy code several times each day and remain confident that the test infrastructure will provide short feedback loops on issues introduced. The SDET champions automated testing and quality assurance. We are looking for someone who’s a strong enough developer to write feature code, strong enough tester to test about anything and who’s experienced enough to advocate high-quality standards. You will work for leading brands around the world, consult our showcase for an impression.
The SDET engineer is responsible for the quality of the software products and QA processes. You are the protagonist for quality and you will work with the team to ensure that systems are designed for reliability, performance and testability. You can source from experience to apply conventional tooling but your intuition will guide you when faced with unconventional challenges.
- work with team members to improve and automate test and release processes;
- design and implement test automation solutions;
- build and maintain tooling for test development, coverage and reporting;
- maintain test results and visualization;
- contribute to the team’s effectiveness and efficiency;
- communicate with product and technical stakeholders;
- work with the QA team to align quality and technology.
- hungry for stability, usability and overall performance;
- ambitious and motivated to be the best in your profession;
- capable of assessing the quality of the product;
- a driving force in a development team;
- in the know when it comes to QA practices;
- able to embrace new methodologies and technologies fast;
- responsible and independent, you know how to start and finish activities within your domain;
- technologically savvy, comfortable with Unix/Linux systems.
- You have advanced knowledge of and experience with Java and/or Python development;
- You have a passion for test infrastructure and CI/CD;
- You have experience with test frameworks, automation tools, static and dynamic code analysis;
- You have knowledge of CI systems to create builds;
- You have worked with BDD and/or TDD;
- You are familiar with kubernetes, containers, microservices;
- You have experience with stress and load testing;
- You are experienced carrying the flag of quality assurance with developers and managers to ensure that systems are designed for reliability, performance and testability;
- You possess an agile mindset, fast to adapt to constant changes.
- a competitive salary;
- excellent benefits including pension scheme, travel allowance and 23 holidays;
- freedom with responsibilities;
- highly skilled international colleagues and working in international teams;
- innovation with the latest technologies;
- training and career opportunities;
- an informal atmosphere;
- a global ambition;
- drinks & snacks on Friday;
- celebration champagne and dinners;
- team building events.
About NEP The Netherlands:
We are NEP and we produce world class VOD and Live Streaming platforms. We provide the largest online media platforms in the Netherlands for clients like Dutch Public Broadcasters (NPO), FOX Sports, Videoland and Pathé Thuis. Our international clientele include Apple, Netflix, HBO and Discovery. We honour their industry defining quality standards and we are looking for protagonists to join our team.
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.