Vacancy: senior Software Engineer Media Platforms
NEP produces world class VOD and Live Streaming platforms. We are looking for highly ambitious coding talent with proven track records to join our team. You can innovate and contribute to a global broadcasting technology powerhouse, a household name that is revolutionising the media industry. We provide the largest online media platforms in the Netherlands for clients like Dutch Public Broadcasters (NPO), FOX Sports, Videoland and Pathé Thuis. Our international clientele include Apple, Netflix, HBO and Discovery. We aim to surpass their industry defining quality standards and we are looking for protagonists who can turn this ambition into reality. Are you interested?
As a senior software engineer you will join one of our agile development teams. You are expected to apply your knowledge and experience using contemporary development practices and modern frameworks. We expect you to use your intuition and experience when faced with unconventional challenges. You will work on our CDN or our Video On Demand platforms that power brands like Videoland and Pathé Thuis. Check our showcase for an impression of our work.
- A pragmatist who loves tackling media technology challenges of serious complexity;
- Highly motivated by the staggering growth that we sustain with our live platforms;
- Ambitious and motivated to be the best in your profession;
- A team player with a sense of pride in taking responsibility;
- Able to show initiative and pull through adversity;
- Risk aware when scoping with high levels of accuracy;
- Able to balance deadlines with masterful output;
- Naturally curious in contemporary and innovative development practices;
- As interested in fresh perspectives from junior talent as you are invested in the knowledge of experienced leaders.
- Technically savvy and ambitious beyond compare;
- Supreme theoretical foundation and excellent productivity;
- Deep understanding of frameworks;
- Constantly up-to-date on technological advancements;
- Capable to identify and mitigate risk;
- Git, Linux, PHP / Symfony, MySQL, Doctrine, Java / Spring;
- Able to choose and adopt technologies based on requirements;
- Composed and resourceful if faced with production level challenges;
- Kubernetes, containers, microservices.
What we offer
We got the basics covered with experience based salary, pension scheme, travel allowance, 23 holidays and NEP University for a wide variety of in-house or external training. Otherwise you get:
- Freedom with responsibilities;
- Highly skilled international colleagues;
- True innovation and work with the latest technologies;
- Excellent career opportunities;
- Informal atmosphere;
- Global ambition;
- Friday drinks.
About NEP The Netherlands
The NEP Media Solutions team transforms the way video is created, managed and distributed – worldwide. NEP has experience with registration, play-out, post production, remote and cloud production, studio production, host broadcasting, media asset management, multi-screen delivery, end-to-end OTT solutions and video display installations. From the camera in the field to the SmartTV or tablet at home, NEP has the knowledge and experience to make the smallest local events into the biggest international events visible and cost effective for the viewer at home.
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.