Senior Network Engineer
For over 30 years, NEP has been a worldwide outsourced technical production partner supporting premier content producers of live sports, entertainment, music and corporate events. NEP has a global network connecting sites all over the world. Inter connecting the NEP studios, offices, (sporting) venues and data centers. Within these data centers we host our CDN, Centralised Production and internet peering routers.
We are seeking for a Senior Network Engineer to join our Netherlands based network team. The network team operates NEP’s global WAN and multiple data centers environments. The WAN is based on Juniper MX running ISIS-SR for unicast and RSVP-TE for multicast. From the WAN to the DC we run D-Path for loop prevention. In the data centers we run multi-vendor EVPN-VXLAN with a mix of Juniper and Arista equipment. One of the challenges in our network is that it’s heavily based on big multicast flows. A single S,G can be roughly 12Gbps. Therefore we need to rely more on SDN and less on hashing to make sure links don’t get oversubscribed. We also have no tolerance for packet loss. Even an increase in latency can disrupt live television. Because of this we have active-active traffic flows that run diversely through the network.
- Take lead responsibility for the (global) network, including seeing through critical issues to resolution and juggling different priorities to support the Broadcast and Media Business;
- Design and deploy various network solutions;
- Optimise and/or redesign (parts of) the network architecture;
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve complex connection, reliability, or performance issues to support your colleagues;
- Maintain internet peering relations (Transit, IXP and PNI);
- Take the lead in communication with various data centers, vendors, partners, internal IT and broadcast teams;
- Support a global organization; on occasion be able to time shift to lead or support; projects executed in other time zones.
- 4+ years in network engineering;
- TCP/IP networking experience;
- Experience with fiber cabling and optics;
- Hands-on Cisco/Juniper/Arista Routing and Switching experience;
- Knowledge about multicast (PIM/IGMP);
- Knowledge of Layer 3 protocols (OSPF/ISIS/MP-BGP);
- Knowledge of Layer 2 protocols (STP, VLAN tagging);
- Knowledge of EVPN-VXLAN and understanding of ESI-LAG;
- MPLS knowledge;
- Experience in operating firewalls (NAT and stateful firewalling);
- Excellent English written and verbal communications skills.
Additional Requirements (You don’t have to check all boxes)
- Knowledge of ISIS-SR with TI-LFA;
- Knowledge of RSVP-TE and/or SR-TE;
- Knowledge of PCEP;
- Knowledge of WAN to DC stitching (D-Path);
- Experience with Route Reflectors;
- Knowledge of L2VPN (Pseudowire) and L3VPN’s (IPVPN and EVPN);
- Experience with Automation and Scripting;
- A background in the broadcast industry is a plus.
What can you expect
Working at NEP means having a varied job in an open and collegial working atmosphere. You’ll work in an enthusiastic and passionate team and will be trained and guided during your training period. Humor and fun are central to the work. You will get every opportunity to further develop, specialize or grow, in fact; we even encourage this. Of course, we offer a competitive salary and working conditions.
Are you interested?
Do you recognize yourself in the profile and are you excited? Come and join our team and get into the world you’re participating in the latest broadcast solutions! Send us your resume and awesome motivation letter through this link. If you have any questions, please send an email to email@example.com.